Eligibility & Registration:
- One Team from each Law College/Institute/University will be eligible to participate in the competition.
- The members of each team shall be comprised of three members consisting of two mooters and one researcher, who will be amicus curie.
- The members of team should be under graduate law students pursuing 5 Years law course/ 3 Year law course.
- The Registration fee for the competition shall be Rs. 3000/- (Rupees Three Thousand Only) per team. Including dormitory accommodation (No individual or separate room will be provided).
- The Registration fee shall be payable through Demand Draft and the scanned copy of the DD along with the duly filled registration form shall be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 09th March, 2019.
(NOTE: The original DD and the Registration form (hard copy) shall reach to us on or before 16th March, 2019. The DD shall be made in the favour of ‘JAIPUR SCHOOL OF LAW, JAIPUR’ payable at ‘JAIPUR’ and the same shall be sent to “THE DEAN, FACULTY OF LAW, MAHARAJ VINAYAK GLOBAL UNIVERSITY, DHAND, TEHSIL-AMER, JAIPUR-DELHI NATIONAL HIGHWAY, NH-11C, JAIPUR, RAJASTHAN – 302028.”
- The registration of a team will be considered as complete, once the registration fee is paid and the registration form is e-mailed with all necessary details.
- Registration fees is non refundable.
- The team must register on or before 16th March 2019, by sending hard copy of the registration form and registration fees.
- The memorials shall be sent at the University’s address latest by 17th March 2019.
Date & Venue:
- Date of Competition: 5-7th April 2017
- Venue : Moot Court Hall, Faculty of Law
- (Jaipur School of Law),
- Maharaj Vinayak Global University, Jaipur
Rules for the Competition:
- The dress code for the participants shall be formal white shirt with black coat, Trousers and a black tie.
- The Language of the competition shall be English only.
- The participants shall have to prepare & argue the case from both sides as if they are appearing before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
- Each team shall be given a total of 20 minutes for presenting their arguments which they can divide accordingly + 5 minutes for rebuttal and 5 minutes for queries from the judges.
- All the participating teams are expected to carry with them case laws and index of authorities which they intend to refer.
- The decision of the judges as to assessment of oral submission & written memorials shall be final & no dispute shall be entertained in this regard.
- The competition shall run in 4 rounds, i.e. Preliminary, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and the Finals.
- Marks of the memorial shall be added at the time of tie.
- Each team shall be assessed out of 250 marks each from Petitioner and Respondent. The eight teams scoring the highest marks shall proceed further for Quartet Final and four teams scoring the highest marks shall proceed further for Semi Final.
- In Quarter final round, teams shall be awarded marks out of 500 and the best four teams shall proceed further for semifinals. The semifinal round, teams shall be awarded marks out of 750 and the best two teams shall proceed further for finals.
- Total mark-sheet of 750 marks in final rounds shall be the criteria for adjudging the winner team. The team scoring the highest shall be declared as the winner team.
- In case of tie, marks of memorials of that team shall be added for tie-breaker in all the rounds.
- However individual prizes will be awarded to the best Mooter, who may not have qualified for the finals, if his individual score in the preliminary round is highest than all the Speakers of qualified teams in the preliminary round.
- Best Researched Memorial award shall be awarded to the team scoring highest marks in memorial.
- Final round shall be presided over by a Larger Bench.
- Marks shall be disclosed at the end of the competition.
- Three copies of the memorials from each side (Total 6), in prescribed format are required to be submitted on or before 17th March, 2019. Memorials shall not be accepted thereafter and the said team shall be Non eligible for the competition.
- Memorials shall be in the following format-
- Title page (1 page)
- Table of contents (1 page)
- Index of Authorities along with Bibliography (1 or 2 page)
- Statement of Jurisdiction (1 page)
- Statements of Facts (1 or 2 pages)
- Statement of Issues (1 Page)
- Summary of Arguments (1 or 2 pages)
- The Arguments Advanced (15 page)
- Prayer Clause (1 page)
- Memorials should be typed & stapled with soft cover, in blue colour for Petitioner and Red colour for Respondent.
- Typing of memorial should be as per specifications given below :
- Paper size – A4 not more than 70 GSM
- Font size – 12
- Font Type – Times New Roman
- Line Spacing – 1.5
- Margins – 1 Inch on each side.
Specifications for foot notes are given below:
- Font size – 10
- Font Type – Times New Roman
- Spacing – 1
- Memorials once submitted shall not be returned back to the participants in any case nor shall any amendment be allowed after submission of the memorials.
- Teams are required to carry their own copies of memorials for the reference during competition and to give the copies of their memorial to the Judges during competition. Organizers are not bound to help teams in such case by providing the copies of memorials submitted. Wi-Fi facilities will be provided by the organizers. Teams shall carry their personal laptops at their own risk.
- The format of the memorials should be strictly followed.
|1.||Winning Team||· Cash Prize of Rs. 11000-, Trophy and Certificate|
|2.||Runner up Team||· Cash Prize of Rs. 7100/- , Trophy and Certificate|
|3.||Best Advocate/Mooter||· Trophy and Certificate cash prize of Rs. 1000|
|4.||Runner up Mooter||· Trophy and Certificate cash prize of 800|
|5.||Best Memorials||· Trophy and Certificate cash prize of 1000|
- All participants are expected to maintain the decorum in the court during the competition & are expected to behave themselves in a manner befitting the legal profession.
- The organizer’s decision regarding the interpretation of rules of any other matter related to the competition shall be final.
- If there is any situation which is not contemplated in the rules, the organizer’s decision on the same shall be final.
- Travelling allowance of the participants shall be borne by the respective institution.
- Dormitory Accommodation will be provided from 04th April, 2017 till Morning 08th April 2017. Team members shall have to intimate the organizers beforehand, so as to facilitate us for making appropriate arrangements for them.
- Participants should inform the organizing committee, well in advance, as to their travelling schedule as well as date and time of arrival.
- The details along with the Rules of Competition, Moot Problem, Registration Form and any further information, including the amendments if any, in the competition shall be uploaded on the University website: mvgu.ac.in
- Result of the competition & prize distribution shall be declared on 07th April 2019.
- Last Date of Registration – Online 9th March 2019 and Hardcopy 16th March 2019
- Submission of Memorials – 17th March 2019
- Date of Competition – 5-7th April 2019
- Prize Distribution – 7th April 2019
For Moot Proposition and brochure: Click Here
In case of any query please contact: (strictly between 10:00 AM to 02:15 PM)
|Co- coordinator)||NAME||MOBILE NO.||EMAIL ID|
|1.||Mr. Swet Raj Pareek||+919309239309||SWETRAJ007@GMAIL.COM|
|2.||Mr. Mahendra Kumar Jangir||+919413545309|
|Student Coordinator-||NAME||SEMESTER||MOBILE NO||EMAIL ID|
|1||TARUN SHARMA||BA;LLB SEM. VII||+917232093048||COOLTARUN858@GMAIL.COM|
|2.||VINAYAK JOSHI||BA;LLB SEM. VII||+918769980646||96JOSHIVINAYAK@GMAIL.COM|
|3.||ROCKEY BHASKER||BA;LLB SEM. VII||+919461454636||ROCKEYBHASKAR1@GMAIL.COM|
|4.||TANMAY SHARMA||BA;LLB SEM. V||+917427890028||TANMAYSHARMA3007@GMAIL.COM|
|5.||MOHIT SHARMA||BA;LLB SEM. V||+918504910062||MOHITMODIBJP@GMAIL.COM|
|6.||SOURBHA JHA||BA;LLB SEM. III||+917412882743||SOURABHJHAPPP@GMAIL.COM|
|7.||DEEPAK SUSAWAT||BA;LLB SEM. I||+917891942159|
Prof. (Dr.) Mahendra Tiwari
Mob. No.- +919414295727