The Tamil Nadu National Law University is a premier National Law University established by Tamil Nadu State Government, imparting legal education to students across the country. The University is located in a 25-acre residential campus in the outskirts of Tiruchirappalli. Accommodation is available within the campus for staff and faculty.
TNNLU invites applications from eligible candidates for appointment as Assistant Professor of Law (ad-hoc) on a purely contractual basis.
- Use innovative teaching methods to ensure that students are engaged and become part of the learning process.
- Mentor and supervise students in their research through useful, constructive feedback, and to help them become better lawyers.
- Assist weaker sections of a class through regular learning sessions; to make them comfortable in learning law.
- Actively conduct research in their area of experience and advance legal knowledge through the production of original written work.
- Improve the academic and research culture of the University, through its various centres, and through actively seeking research opportunities along with faculty colleagues.
- A Postgraduate degree in law. Should have 55% in their LL.M.
- NET/SLET qualification is not mandatory but is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrable ability in high-level academic research and writing. Publication in high-impact peer-reviewed journals is preferred.
- Exposure to and/or interest in the management of learning difficulties.
- Work experience, especially teaching experience, is preferred.
- Professional or field experience in the area of interest will be positively viewed.
- The candidate must demonstrate a high degree of perseverance as well as a drive to improve the academic and research culture at TNNLU.
Duration and Remuneration
The appointment is of a contractual nature. The consolidated remuneration for the position will be Rs. 57,000 per month.
Interested candidate should apply here.
The last date of applications is 15th December,2018. The candidate is expected to assume the position at the start of our even term on 17th January, 2019.